PLEASE 'LIKE' MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK - THANK YOU

Friday 19 April 2013

VISIBLE IMAGE - MY FRIDAY DESIGN TEAM POST...

Hello lovelies,
 
Well another Friday has come round again. Wow the time is flying by!
 
I have another VISIBLE IMAGE design team creation to share with you this week. Now I absolutely love reading and although I do have a Kindle I still love reading a 'proper' book! So, with this in mind and with the book I am reading being full of history and love I thought I would make a bookmark to reflect Immortal Love!
 
I had to bling it up a bit with a little sparkle too as thats just me lol....
 
 
The stamps I have used for my Bookmark are...
 
 
 
You can buy these from VISIBLE IMAGE to be taken directly to the stamps I have used just click on the names of them above.
 
 

Visible Image Blog Badge, Blinkie
 
 
Other materials I have used are...
 
Distress Inks: Scattered Straw ~ Shabby Shutters ~ Spiced Marmalade ~ Frayed Burlap ~ Dusty Concord
Distress Stickles: Antique Linen ~ Frayed Burlap ~ Vintage Photo
Kraft card
Tim Holtz Embossing Folders: Cracked ~ Rays
Glossy Accents
Fibres
Parchment Paper
Ornate Snap
Ornate Brad
Silicon Glue
 
How I made my Bookmark...
 
Using the Kraft card cut a large tag shape to create the base. Punch a hole at the top. Stamp the Grunge Flourish along the bottom using Scattered Straw and Shabby Shutters. I over stamped 3 times. Stamp the 'Love' and 'is forever' directly over the first stamped section using Frayed Burlap.
 
Put the bookmark in the 'Rays' embossing folder, making sure its just above the 'Love' word. Run through your machine.
Stamp the 'Barbed Wire' from the 'Immortal Love' set, and apply Distress Stickles on the Rays. Leave to dry.
Add fibres through the hole at the top and then add the Ornate snap.
 
Using the Distress Stickles run each of the colours around the edges, spread around a little using a cotton bud. When dry, apply Glossy accents over the wording. Set aside to dry.
 
In the meantime stamp five of the small rose from the 'Immortal Love' stamp set onto the parchment paper, making sure you use a different colour for each one. Stamp the immortal on to parchment paper and cut all these elements out. Run these through the 'Cracked' embossing folder and ink over the edges and the top lightly. Put the roses together using an ornate brad. Attach the word using silicon glue and then use the glue to add the flower as shown.
 
If the card has puckered while drying then just add another piece of card underneath and this will straighten it out.
 
Now you have seen how I made my bookmark, you might want to make one for yourself. Maybe if youve got a book your reading at the moment you could use this as the theme for your creation!
 
Don't forget you still have time to enter the VISIBLE IMAGE APRIL CHALLENGE
Its a great theme so click on the link to see the rest of the design team creations, we would love you to enter and the winner receives a fantastic prize!
 
Also why not come and join us in the VISIBLE IMAGE FACEBOOK GROUP
We love to see what your all making, it is very friendly and fun too so just click on the link to join in!
 
While your stamp shopping over at the VISIBLE IMAGE WEBSITE make sure you check out the VISIBLE IMAGE GALLERY for lots of inspiration!
 
I hope you have enjoyed my project today, thanks for stopping by and I look forward to your next visit!
 
Have fun and happy stamping,
lots of love
Nicola XXX

1 comment: