PLEASE 'LIKE' MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK - THANK YOU

Friday 24 August 2012

Polkadoodles Design Team Card .....

Hello lovelies,

Hope you are all well, wow time is flying by!

We have another fantastic theme this week for you over at the


The theme this week is

'Stitching Faux or Real'

I enjoyed making my card for this theme. I have used the Polkadoodles Pretty Sweet CD for this card. Now, I decided to dust off my sewing machine and use it for this theme. I have had my machine a long time but decided I wasnt very good at sewing, so using it for my card is new to me! Anyway I loved using it so much I think sewing on my cards will become a favourite thing of mine to do...and yes....no accidents happened either while in charge of the needle!

Here is my card...


I have coloured my image with Promarkers using the following colours...

Hair: Putty, Cinnamon, Saffron, Caramel
Skin: Dusky Pink, Almond, Pastel Pink
Clothes & Shoes: Burnt Orange, Tan, Apricot, Honeycomb, Oatmeal, Warm Grey 2, Ice Grey 1
Swing: Saffron, Caramel, Cinnamon

I tore around the edges of my chosen backing papers. I then did a running stitch with my sewing machine on the patchwork paper and a zigzag stitch on the rose paper. I then inked them both with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. I wanted to apply more ink to the rose paper so I used my brayer. I then spritzed it with gold pigment powder, scrunched it up and then dried with my heat gun. I then added these to my card base which I had already inked the edges of.

Once I had coloured the image, I tore around it and inked the edges and added this to the card. I attached a length of lace to the right hand side, slotting it underneath the paper. I added faux stitching using a brown pen around the rest of the edges. Finally I embellished with Polkadoodles Bloomers and Leaves and some bling and a greeting.

I loved making this card, and really enjoyed sewing the papers.

I would love to see your creations for this challenge so hop over and take a look at the rest of the design team cards for more inspiration.

Have fun and happy crafting,
lots of love
NJ XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment