Hello lovelies and a very Happy New Year to you all.
I feel like it's been ages since I blogged but I have been staying with family for the festive holiday and only came home on Wednesday. I am also resting under doctors orders as I have a virus and a chest infection so I've been feeling pretty grotty! LOL
Anyway, I just wanted to share this card with you that I made for the Simply Cards & Papercraft Card Designer of the Year competition. The results have been announced in the magazine, so congratulations to all the winners your work is truly gorgeous.
This is one of three projects I made, I will show you the other two another day. I have used the Kanban Jasper stamp set and coloured the images with Letraset Promarkers and Flexmarkers. The technique used is 'Masked Stamping'.
To make this card I have used:
Kanban Clear Stamp set Jasper ~ Mememto Ink Tuxedo Black ~ Southfield Pure White Card 200gsm ~ Docrafts Papermania 8"x8" Kraft card blanks x 2 ~ Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo ~ Letraset Promarker's in shades: Putty ~ Icicle ~ Warm Grey 1 ~ Warm Grey 2 ~ Tea Green ~ Duck Egg ~ Sandstone ~ Caramel ~ Cocoa
Letraset Flexmarker's in shades: Antique White ~ Light Fawn ~ Tea Rose ~ Blue Grey 3 ~ Soft Aqua ~ Champagne ~ Nutmeg ~ Saddle Brown ~ Decorative papers ~ Pearl brad ~ Self adhesive pearls ~ Flowers ~ Spiders Web ~ Tim Holtz findings ~ Pinflair glue ~ Double Sided Tape ~ 3D Foam pads
Step by Steps to make this...
1. Stamp lady onto card, stamp again onto scrap paper, cut out and lay mask over first dress. Stamp gent image so it is overlapping the mask. Stamp the trouser and coat hem again onto scrap. Cut out, lay over first image and stamp the cogs over lapping this. Leave the dress mask in place and stamp the stand over lapping this. Then stamp the clock face to make a free standing clock. Remove masks.
2. Colour the image with the Promarkers and Flexmarkers.
3. Score one card blank front in half. Cut the second card blank in half down the score line to make the easel front.
4. Ink the edges with distress ink.
5. Trim brown decorative paper 19cm x 19cm, use double sided tape to mat to front of card. Trim teal paper 16cm x 16 cm and fold over one corner securing with the pearl brad. Use ds tape and stick to the left hand side.
6. Trim image to size and matt onto rose paper using ds tape. Ink edges and fix to the card front with foam pads.
7. Trim decorative paper to fit the base of the easel, punch the corners on the second layer and a border on the top. Wrap a length of spiders web along it and make a bow. Mat with ds tape.
8. Add a greeting for the stopper using foam pads. Use ds tape to stick the front panel to the easel part.
9. Finally use Pinflair glue to fix the findings and flowers as shown, and finish with pearls.
You can change the colour scheme to suit your own taste, I really like these two colours together and I love the vintage feel of the card.
Thank you for stopping by today and I look forward to your next visit,
Have fun and happy crafting,
lots of love