PLEASE 'LIKE' MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK - THANK YOU

Monday 26 September 2011

'My Crafty Friend of the Month'

Welcome to the first of 'My Crafty Friend of the Month. I would like to introduce you to my crafty friend Emma Goddard. I met Emma through our love of crafting. Emma run's a group on Facebook called Emma's Hints, Tip's and Crafty Inspiration. It is a group where crafter's can be invited to show off their creation's. You can also see Emma's blog here http://www.emmascardsuk.com/  where you can see the work of this very talented lady. She also has tutorials on here which are easy to follow.

Emma kindly answered some crafty question's that I put to her. Thank's Emma, I bet you did'nt realise it would be like an interview when you agreed to do this! lol

How did you get into crafting?

I've always been into crafts in some way or another but got into paper craft/cardmaking after a severe illness. I apparently had a breakdown after losing my Dad to Alzheimer's and my sister-in-law to breast cancer a few Christmas's ago. I stopped eating, which caused a swelling on the part of my brain that controls all the things that you don't have to think about doing. So I was left temporarly paralyzed and had to learn how to breath, talk, walk and everything again. Bryan, my partner suggested I try cardmaking as I always wanted to have a go. So, I thank him for encouraging me because I love it and it has really helped me.

If you had to choose five must have crafty items what would they be?

Probably a good craft knife, a good pair of scissors, a clear metal edged ruler, craft mat and good colouring pens such as pro markers, zig pens etc.

What craft techniques do you love to do?

I love stamping and playing with inks in ways like distressing, resist technique. I love decoupage because it can give so much depth to your project, and love colouring because it's relaxing.

If you bought one crafty item this month, what would it be?

Hmmm...that's a tough one.....it would probably be Spectrum Noir pens because they look fab and would love to have a play.

Who inspires you in the crafting world and why?

That's easy, it's got to be Phill Martin, he is talented. He does his own thing and comes up with some brilliant techniques and is always there to help. Barbara Grey too, she is just inspirational and a very talented lady.

Thank you Emma, very interesting answers and I'm so glad you have made such a wonderful recovery from your illness. You also are an inspiration and a fine example of how you can bounce back from severe illness, to go on and have the strength, courage and love to do the things you enjoy most!

As well as Emma's work and tutorial's on her blog, she also has crafty items for sale too. Take a look and check it all out. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

I hope you have enjoyed the first 'My Crafty Friend of the Month'. I would like to say a massive thank you to Emma for agreeing to take part and I wish you well for the future my friend. Please take the time to look at her gorgeous work.

Happy crafting everyone,

lots of love NJ XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment