Hello my lovelies, well I hope you are having a good start to your New Year. Why don't you put on that New Year's Resolution list to enter some blog challenges if you don't already. I think your ideal starting place would be at this weeks
Glitter Geeks Challenge - Week 1 Hand in Hand
The theme is things that go hand in hand.
So for my Design Team card I chose
Coffee and Cream
To make this card I have used:
-Belles n whistles stamp
- Flexmarkers in the colours of - dusky pink/pastel pink/nutmeg/saddle brown/auburn/sandstone/cappuccino/blue grey 1/pale citrus/pale blossom/blush/champagne
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Brushed corduroy and sponge
- X Cut 4cm border punch
-Papermania 8x8 cream card blank
-Butterfly flock paper by Anna Griffin
- Organza wired ribbon in brown and cream
- Vintage cream lace
-Spellbinder's Nestabilities Fleur De Lis Rectangles
- Coffee Beans
- Vintage Buttons
- Cream flowers
How to make....
- Round the corners of your card blank.
- Use the decorative border punch along the edge of the right hand side card front.
- Cut a wide strip of the butterfly paper to fit the card and use the border punch along the right hand edge. Use double sided tape to stick this onto the card blank so both borders sit next to each other. Ink the edge of the card blank border using distress ink and the sponge.
- Use pinflair glue to stick the lace so it overlaps the butterfly paper.
- Cut a strip of the lace cardstock to fit along the left of the card blank making sure it overlaps the lace.
- Stamp the image onto cream cardstock and colour in.
- Cut out using the Nestibilitie
- Ink the edges with the distress ink and sponge.
- Stick to the card using pin flair so its slightly raised.
- Attach a strip of double sided tape along the bottom of the card. Overlap the cream organza ribbon onto this. Use pinflair glue to embellish with the coffee beans.
- Sponge distress ink onto the cream flowers and stick to the bottom left corner of the image. Embellish with 3 coffee beans and a vintage button.
- Use the brown organza ribbon and make a bow. Attach to the top left corner and embellish with a vintage button and a hat pin.
- Finally stick two hat pins into the edge of the lace panel.
You may notice there is no greeting on this card.
Sometimes I like to leave the greeting off until I decide who or what occasion the card is for!
I hope you like it and thanks for looking.
I'd love to see your creations over at the Glitter Geeks challenge this week
Have fun and happy crafting,
lots of love