PLEASE 'LIKE' MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK - THANK YOU

Sunday 5 February 2012

I made two cards using Polkadoodles Pretty Tuff CD......


A very happy Sunday evening from me. I hope that you've all had a lovely week-end.

Well this morning I made two cards using the


The first card I have made is actually a birthday card for my teenage nephew.

I have used Flynn as he's listening to his i-pod which I think most teenagers seem to do!


I matted co-ordinating backing paper. Cut out the fence and added Flynn to make it look like he is sitting on it. I have inked around the greetings using
on the green greeting and used
on the brown greeting.

I cut two short strips of the spotted paper to make loops for the greetings and attached with foam pads.
To finish I have used Card Candi I love using these.

The second card I have made I used Cory. When I saw him I knew exactly what I wanted to make, he is so adorable.


As soon as I saw the door too it made me think about being little and visiting grandparents. So this is what I would like to call this card
'Visiting Grandad'.
I love the fact that Cory is stood waiting for his Grandad to answer the door with his teddy and his backpack.

I covered the A5 cardblank with spotted paper and inked the edges of this and the greetings with Letraset Promarker Burnt Orange

I have used Tim Holtz Distress Ink brushed corduroy to ink round the edges of the cut out door, the back pack and Cory. I have also inked slightly over Cory's jeans and his backpack as I wanted it to resemble mud to make it look like he had been playing in mud on his way to visit Grandad lol.

Finally I have finished the card with Card Candi .

I love the Polkadoodles Pretty Tuff CD there are so many elements on this to use for any occasion and for any male of any age. You could even change this card to make it for Grandma, just change the greeting!

I hope you have enjoyed reading how I made these cards, thanks for looking.
Have fun and happy crafting,
Lots of love
NJ XXX






12 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Lovely cards NJ! Hope Darren didnt see you making these, make sure you're getting plenty of rest or the PD team will be in big trouble LOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha he did see me lol. The first one is for his nephew, he didnt moan when I told him it's for his birthday next week lol. Thanks for looking, glad you like them. I'll tell the PD team to run for cover!LOL XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both really gorgeous hun, I love the papers and the images you have chosen.
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous and I love the images and the papers are gorgeous too.

    Hugs
    linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both Nicola - I have the Pretty Sweet cd but not this one.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely cards Nicola, I especially like the Grandad one x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards, both of them! Specially love the Grandad one though, love how the little boy looks by the door, gorgeous! Paula :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab cards Nicola love the images, hope your healing well take care.
    Hugs Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. brilliant cards, love them. Hope your getting your rest ;0) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete