PLEASE 'LIKE' MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK - THANK YOU

Monday 13 June 2011

Altered Art Chest









I made this as a gift for a friend probably over a year ago, but wanted to share it with you all. I bought the chest at an auction room for £4.00. It was the blue colour with birds on. I started by sanding a lot of that off, then applied a couple of coats of gesso. I then painted using acrylic paints, and finished with a crackle glaze paint. When that had dried I rubbed a vintage stain ink using cotton wool over the cracks. I stamped and embellished using various elements. I filled the drawers with crafty stash and gave it to my friend.

1 comment:

  1. .......and is your friend grateful. You bet I am. It is a wondeful altered art gift which is greatly appreciated, I have used a litle of the pressies in the drawers but it seems a shame to use them all up, they are gorgeous. Love Caz

    ReplyDelete